The church of Archangels Michael and Gabriel

The church building consists of an altar space, single naos with semicircular singing niches in the northern and southern walls, and a narthex. A chapel dedicated to St. Paraskeva is erected along the whole northern wall and there is a spacious entrance to the west. The construction chronology is still being debated. The possible completion dates of the church that has survived to the present fall in a long period of time - from 1600 to 1760. It has been determinated that the different segments of the building were erected in different construction stages. Our research is based on data collected from a wide range sources. Epigraphical monuments, architectural analysis, archaeological findings, fresco paintings - all these were thoroughly interpreted in order to determine that the church was built towards the end of the 17th century. All parts of the shrine were built simultaneously. The existence of an earlier church was uncovered. It had been completed by the end of the 16th - the beginning of the 17th century. During a major reconstruction carried out in the end of the 17th century its apse was included in the frame of the present-day church.