Holy Virgin's Monastery

"Holy Virgin's Monastery" is smaller than "St Nicolas" and was built in the northwestern part of the village. It represents a complex of a church, residential buildings and a chapel. During the first years of the Turkish slavery it was a working and prosperous monastery, but after the kurdjalii's invasion it falls into decay and is abandoned. As late as in 1680 it was built the new church that can be seen nowadays.
  On the northern side is situated a wide chapel named St Trinity where can be seen the famous wonder-working icon of Holy Virgin. In 1716 the Troyan monk Daniel constructed residential buildings and revived the monastery's activities. In 1762 the church and the chapel were renewed and decorated with wall paintings that preserved its art values up to the present day. A bell tower is rising above the monastery's main entrance. The monastery is declared "cultural monument".