For many centuries the people of Dryanovo guarded the mountain passageways and roads of central “Stara Planina “ mountain for which the Ottoman rulers gave them some privileges and a special tax statute. Geographically and economically Dryanovo from the period of the Enlightenment (XVIII-XIX century) was one of the places where the transition to modern sociopolitical and cultural ideas started for the first time. It turned into a radical and dynamically developing town with citizens whose way of life and whose way of thinking was typically urban. Although they were engaged in agriculture, their main income came from crafts and commerce. Since the middle of XVIII century the professional associations of the builders and of the shoemakers became really prosperous and socially active . Popular were also the professions of the butchers, the traders, the tailors, the weavers, the smiths and the carters. The merchants from Dryanovo supplied the Ottoman army with meat and other products, they exported to silkworms and cocoons Italy and France. The Dryanovians -Tsachevi brothers managed the biggest import-export company in Bulgaria in the first half of XIX century. Dryanovo was famous as the birth place of many talented master builders known not only in the country but also abroad. Their follower Kolyu Ficheto ( 1800-1881) became the pride of classical Bulgarian architecture. In XIX century the representatives of the Dryanovo middle-class were extremely well-to-do and with high national spirits. They supported the movement for secular education and financed the foundation of three communal and one private school as well as of three churches. They founded the first cultural institution in Dryanovo - community center “ Obstij Trud”, in 1869. Since the middle of XIX century the people of Dryanovo were strongly influenced by democratic and revolutionary ideas. Some craftsmen, traders and intellectuals organized a revolutionary committee in Dryanovo in 1870 and took part in the revolts and the uprisings for the national liberation of Bulgaria. They were most active during the Russian-Turkish war ( 1877-1878), when hundreds of people help the Russian army and 150 people went to the front as volunteers. All the travelers , who had visited Dryanovo in the past, were impressed by the industry and the virtues of the people as well as of the European outlook of the town. The houses in Dryanovo were two or three storeyed, whitewashed, with stone roofs and gardens full of flowers. The streets were clean, covered with pebbles and decorated with a lot of greenery , echoed by the sound of the old clock tower. Contemporary Dryanovo has preserved its traditions and its historical and cultural values and today it is an administrative, economic, educational and cultural center of the municipality which constantly develops. 

Catering Establishments

   • Andaka Tavern ** -situated in Dryanovo Monastery. The tavern seats 30 people indoors and 60 people outdoors.
   • Tourist canteen in Bacho Kiro rest house - Dryanovo Monastery. The canteen seats 50 people indoors and 20 people outdoors.
   • Dryanovo Hotel Restaurant, Dryanovo Monastery
   • Vodopadite Municipal Hotel Restaurant, Dryanovo Monastery
   • Ray Tavern, Dryanovo. The tavern seats 20 people indoors and 100 people in the summer garden.
   • Pri Cheha Tavern, Dryanovo . The tavern seats 30 people indoors and 50 in the summer garden.
   • Kolyo Barzaka Cafe , Dryanovo seats 20 people indoors.
   • Starata Kashta Club, Dryanovo , seats 20 people indoors and another 40 in the summer garden.
   • Nonstop Cafe on the road fork for Dryanovo Monastery. seats 60 people.   
   • Orhideya Snack Bar in the village of Sokolovo , seats 60 people.
   • Tsareva Livada Hotel Restaurant in the village of Tsareva Livada.